- Americans for Artsakh welcome the growing resistance to Azerbaijani propaganda on the Khojaly MassacreDuring the last week of February 2021, Azeri Turks around the world commemorated the 29th anniversary of the self-proclaimed bloodiest episode in their country’s recent history. Azerbaijan’s government claims that in one night alone, on 26 […]
- Artsakhpress Providing News Before, During and After the War in ArtsakhIn 2014 a group of journalists from Armenia and the Nagorno Karabakh Republic (Artsakh) set up Artsakhpress to be independent Artsakh’s first news agency. International recognition and a surge of online readers took place in April 2016, during what later became known as Four Day War, when the Azerbaijani Army attacked the Armenian frontline positions in Nagorno Karabakh. Last year, during the 44 days of war, Artsakhpress staff continued to work […]
- Statement on the De-Occupation of ArtsakhStatement on the De-Occupation of Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh) Territories Americans for Artsakh condemn Azerbaijan’s attack on Artsakh in September 2020 and call for the international community to apply all pressure on Azerbaijan to withdraw its military […]
- Americans for Artsakh calls for protection of the Christian monuments in ArtsakhDuring both the recent aggression against Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh Republic) and afterwards, the government of Azerbaijan showed no respect to the Christian Armenian cultural monuments. Azerbaijan’s government’s notorious habit of destruction of the Christian Armenian cultural heritage […]
- Yervand Nersisyan scholarship program is expandingAmericans4Artsakh (AfA) is increasing its support for educational programs through the expansion of the Yervand Nersisyan scholarship program. Thanks to the generous contributions of Yervand, students from the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) who are studying at […]
- Azerbaijani government worker: We were taught Greece is bad and Greeks are infidelsPaul AntonopoulosBureau Chief for Greek City Times in Athens. PhD Candidate. As means of dehumanising and maintaining hatred against Armenians, it is will established that the Azerbaijani government imposes heavy indoctrination on its population through the […]
- Azeri president demands erasure of Armenian traces in occupied areasAzerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev vowed on Wednesday to wipe out all Armenian traces from territories that have come under Azeri occupation following the end of the recent conflict over the disputed territory of Nagorno-Karabakh.
- Unlawful Attacks on Medical Facilities and Personnel in Nagorno-KarabakhThree unlawful attacks on medical facilities by Azerbaijani forces during the six-week armed conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh have come to light in recent Human Rights Watch research in the region. Human Rights Watch documented multiple unlawful strikes on a public hospital in Martakert in September through November 2020, and an unlawful strike on a military hospital in the town’s outskirts in October.
- Child of War Chronicles Horrors From a Bunker in ArtsakhJackie Abramian I cover women social entrepreneurs, peace builders and change agents. Journalist Lika Zakaryan considers herself “a child of war” born in 1994 in the capital city of Stepanakert, in the war-torn, predominantly Armenian populated, […]
- Belgian Parliament Calls for Withdrawal of Azeri Forces from ArtsakhThe Belgian House of Representatives (Federal Parliament) adopted a resolution condemning the military aggression of Azerbaijan, supported by the Turkish authorities and foreign mercenaries against the Armenian population of the Republic of Artsakh. The resolution calls […]
- French Senate Recognizes ArtsakhThe French Senate recognized the independence of the Republic of Artsakh with a vote of 305 to 1, following an almost two-hour debate on the floor of the upper house of the French Parliament. The measure […]
- Statement by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk GroupMoscow / Paris / Washingron, D.C. – The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group (Igor Popov of the Russian Federation, Stéphane Visconti of France, and Andrew Schofer of the United States of America) released the following […]
- Civilian population of Artsakh is under the unprovoked attackAzerbaijan launched an unprovoked attack on the civilian population of Artsakh, reaching far beyond the border areas, into the capital city of Stepanakert, shelling residential areas, schools, and hospitals, and immediately killing a woman and a […]